Carolyn and Melvin Forlong
58 Tunanui Road
7 895 4847
Fax: +64 7 895 4837
Freephone: 0800 FERNLEAF
Mobile: 021 0275 3847 and 021 0275 3848
Please mention nzfishing.com when you make an
enquiry or booking.
River (5 km)
River (7 km)
The view from Fernleaf farm showing Mt Ngauruhoe (Mt Doom in the Lord of the Rings films)
Fernleaf Farmstay is marked
on the Whakapapa
River map and the upper
Whanganui River map.
It is located 15kms south of Taumarunui and 7
kms north of Owhango. Fernleaf Farmstay is 500 metres from State
|Experience a working NZ farm
When staying at Fernleaf you will be part of a working farm. As well as the fishing it will give you a chance to see a working NZ farm in action. The Fernleaf story is one of pioneer farming followed by selective breeding to develop stock with qualities valued by farmers.
The farm is 400 metres above sea level and is a mixture of easy rolling and steep hill country. Read more>>>
- A third generation working Romney Stud sheep
and cattle farm
- Views to Mounts Ruapehu, Ngaruahoe and Taranaki.
- Surrounding the homestead is a large garden
with secure off road parking.
- Generous country breakfasts featuring waffles
with maple syrup, eggs the way you like best, rashers of bacon,
mushrooms, tomatoes and as many different fruits as are available.
- Children are welcome and will love our friendly pets - Henry and delightful Billie and (in season) pet lambs!
- Experience peaceful quiet nights
- Wake up to the clean country air and listen
to the abundant birdlife heralding the new day.
- Quiet, safe, clean, green, non-smoking environment
- Four bedrooms accommodate up to nine guests
- Two rooms with queen beds, ensuite bathrooms
and freeview TV, one with a private entrance
- A twin room with two single beds
- A separate cabin close to the house with
a double bed
- Guest bathroom
- Generous country hospitality with full breakfast
and dinner by arrangement
- All bedrooms have tea/coffee facilities,
fresh cookies and television
- Provision for storage of fishing gear and
drying of clothes and gear
Fernleaf farmstay and the farm
|Local attractions and activities
- The Timbertrail cycleway (Shuttle available with Epic)
- 30mins from Mt Ruapehu and Tongariro National
Park where you can go skiing or tramping
- 1 hour 30 minutes drive from the glow-worm
caves at Waitomo
- 25mins from Mount Ruapehu
- 45mins to Lake Taupo
- Halfway between Auckland and Wellington.
- Experience kayaking on the Wanganui River
- Take the Forgotten Highway or experience the Forgotten World Adventures.
as at 1 Sept 2016
Fernlelaf's tariff per night (includes
Queen ensuite rooms:
Double NZ $150
Single: NZ $110
Twin room and cabin
$130 - double
$100 - single
Dinner – $40 per person
Check in: 4pm or by arrangement
Checkout: 10.30am or by arrangement
|Payment and reservations
Payment can be made by cash, NZ cheque or credit card. We take all credit cards – these transactions incur a 5% administration fee. New Zealand residents can make a direct payment into our account.
In order to confirm your booking please provide your credit card details and expiry date. Nothing is taken from your card unless you cancel within 24 hours of your expected arrival time.
Details can be sent by email, or you may prefer to phone (+64
7 895 4847).
One of the local rivers