985 State Highway 4
Phone: +64 7 895 9066
Mob+64 21 996 954
Please mention nzfishing.com when you make an
enquiry or booking.
With the Whanganui on your doorstep and the Whakapapa a few kilometres away there is plenty of fishing in the area.
A superb evening pool near the cottage
River Rock Cottageis marked on the Whanganui River
It is located 10 Kilometres South of Taumarunui and situated on the banks of the Whanganui River which offers year round fishing.
River Rock Cottage has
- Two bedrooms with queen size beds
- One bedroom with two sets of bunks
- Kitchen with oven, fridge, microwave and toaster
- Comfortable lounge with sky TV and DVD
- Laundry with washing machine and druer
- Garage and plenty of parking for boats
- BBQ and outdoor furniture overlooking the river
- Oil and elctric heating
- 12 acres of land to explore
Linen is provided. Pets are not welcome.
|Local attractions and activities
River Rock Cottage is located near some of the top waters and lakes in the North Island. Also nearby are
- Many walks inc the Tongariro Crossing
- Mountain biking
- The Ruapehu Ski Fields
- Excellent hunting nearby
- The Rarimu Rail spiral
- Lake Taupo
- 18 hole golf copurse
- Canoeing and kayaking on the river
- Horse riding
“Definitely bring your fishing rod-beautiful fishing spot next to the Cottage! A
“Nice spot by the river handy to Taumarunui, 45minutes to mountain and lots of fishing on the door step. Overall great spot and well fenced.”
“Excellent fishing well equipped house and a good guy to deal with.”
“very friendly owner and lovely house. extremely clean! especially loved the seating area overlooking the river.”
See more testimonials
as at 1 March 2014
The cost of the cottage is NZ$50 per night per person
Note: There is NZ$150 minimum - NZ$300 maximum charge per night.