Graeme Knapp and Geoff Clews
4 Kokopu St (corner of Kokopu and Poto Street)
4 566 5162
Mobile: +64 274 439 849
Please mention nzfishing.com when you make an
enquiry or booking.
Lodge is marked on the Tongariro
- Waimarama has history, charm and the ambience
of a home out of a more relaxed era, though with all the contemporary
comforts demanded by discerning guests
- It provides luxury self-catering accommodation
in the main house and in a cottage situated in the gardens
- Up to eight people at a time can be accommodated:
six in the main house and two in the cottage
- The house and cottage are only available
to single parties so your comfort and privacy are assured. The
cottage provides optional additional space for friends or family.
The location on the Tongariro
- Waimarama is perfectly located for for avid
anglers pursuing that elusive rainbow trout
- One of the finest trout fisheries in the
world, the Tongariro River literally flows by the entrance to
- A bench area for cleaning fish is situated
away from the house
- The house accommodation consists of living
room, dining room, library, kitchen, laundry, three bedrooms and
- The master suite is furnished with double
bed, double wardrobe and writing desk. It opens to a full ensuite
marble bathroom. The bed linen is tailored percale cotton and
a goose down duvet and has an electric blanket during the winter
- The second bedroom also provides a double
bed, wardrobe, reading chair and antique scotch dresser. The bed
linen is also percale cotton and a goose down duvet, and may be
warmed in winter with an electric blanket.
- The third bedroom in the house has two single
beds, a wardrobe and chest of drawers. The beds are dressed as
above and have electric blankets during winter.
- In addition to the large open fire in the
living room, all rooms in the house are heated by electric central
heating during the winter. During the warmer summer months the
system operates to circulate cooler air through the house.
- The Lodge house has a fully equipped kitchen,
including a pantry stocked with base provisions
- Match lined ceilings in native Rimu timber
are a feature throughout.
- The house features art works by New Zealand
artists Elizabeth Knapp, Marion Campbell and Nannette Quincey.
The cottage was
originally a pottery studio but is now furnished to provide a romantic
adjunct to the accommodation in the house.
It has a large double bed, a small kitchenette
with microwave oven and a refrigerator. The cottage has its own
bathroom and shower and opens to a deck that catches the sun most
of the day.
It is heated in winter by its own open fire
or by electric heater.
|Local attractions and activities
- A wonderful base from which to enjoy hiking
or mountain biking in the Tongariro National Park
- An ideal spot to relax with music and a good
book in the library or the garden
- In winter, a great place to stay when skiing
the Central North Island ski fields of Turoa and Whakapapa on
Mount Ruapehu (40 km)
- Adventure activities including tandem sky
diving, bungy jumping, four wheel driving and more
- Shops and galleries of Taupo
- New Zealand Army Museum at Waiouru
- Hot pools at Tokaanu
- Great Lake Arts Centre
as at July 2014
Fishing Lodge is available for a minimum two night stay. The cottage
is available to accommodate extra friends or family, and cannot
be rented separately.
- House only:
NZ$330 per night for 2 people
NZ$55 per extra person
- House and cottage:
NZ$660 per night
All rates include GST. Rates exclude additional
charges for any requested cleaning or extra linen during occupancy.
For stays of 5+ consecutive nights: a 15% discount
For long term occupancies: discount by negotiation.
|Bookings and payment
to make a booking, or use the online
form at the Waimarama Fishing Lodge website.
Booking, payment and cancellations: Within a
week of booking you will be asked to pay a 50% non-refundable deposit.
Payment for the balance of your stay is due on arrival.
|Terms of business
Arrivals and departures
Not before 2pm on the date of arrival or after
11am on the date of departure unless by prior arrangement.
The lodge has a phone available for local calls
which are free.
Strictly no smoking indoors.
During your stay, you may wish to request fresh
linen or that the place be cleaned. An additional charge applies.
Either fly to
Taupo airport then hire a car, and/or drive to Turangi which is
on SH1 midway between Auckland and Wellington.
For detailed directions, please see Getting
there and the lodge
location map at the Waimarama Fishing Lodge website.