See info about...
Go Bush Wilderness Adventures / Go Bush Cabin
Go Bush offers
guiding in wilderness headwaters and a riverside cabin on a 3000
acre property which borders 20 kilometres of the Whanganui
Danny, Rocky and Kelvin offer access to waters
previously accessible only on foot, up river camp outs, and a special
deal for experienced Kiwi anglers.
||Go Bush Wilderness Adventures
||Kelvin or Danny Hemopo
Home ph (Danny) +64 7 896
Home ph (Kelvin) +64 7 377 3434
Mobile (Kelvin) 027 415 0922
The Go Bush cabin is marked
on the upper
Whanganui River map.
Access to the camp area is provided by 4x4 Suzuki
jeeps. Your driver/guides will ensure you safe passsage on a 15km
forested trail. The 90 minute journey takes in views of the North
Island Central Plateau, Mt Ruapehu, Mt Ngauruhoe and the sacred
mountain of the Tuwharetoa people, Mt Tongariro.
| Fishing options
Fishing options include:
- Two to four day guided trips along the Whanganui
River which include meals, transport, riverside accommodation
and guides between October and June
- A limited number of trips per year, focussed
on making each a memorable and unique experience
- The 'Kiwi Deal' for experienced New Zealand
fishermen who have their own rods and tackle and want to supply
their own food. Your local driver/guide provides transport and
river guiding as necessary.
- Up river camp outs for one or two anglers.
A guide, horses, tents, bedding, cutlery and cookware provided
as part of the overnight wilderness angling experience.
|About your guides
Brothers Danny, Rocky
and Kelvin Hemepo:
- Have extensive knowledge of the upper Whanganui
River and surrounding area.
- Cater for all levels from novice to expert
- Also offer hunting, 4WD tours and horse riding
around the upper Whanganui River area
Remote and stunningly beautiful with the Whanganui on your doorstep
The cabin offers the following features and
- Sleeps 4
- Log fire
- Hot shower
- Flush toilet
- Set in native forest on the river
- Outdoor BBQ area and breakfast bar with the
Whanganui River flowing just metres below
- Fully catered or self catered stays
- Regular visits from endangered whio whio
as at 1 April 2012
Please enquire about costs
for your fishing trip.
Please phone or email
to make a booking.