Perfectly positioned between Christchurch and the main highway to the West Coast of the South Island, New Zealand Fly Fishing Escapes will take you to a fly fishing paradise for anglers with its abundance of premium trout fishing water located on and near this picturesque station.
Testament to the stunning beauty and uniqueness of the area, several scenes from the movie ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’ were filmed in this area. Be immersed with this ‘Narnia-like’ landscape and let New Zealand Fly Fishing Escapes take you on a truly remote, authentic and memorable fly fishing experience.
24 Rotherham Drive
Ph +64 03 741 1338
Mobile+64 22 323 3966 (int)
Mob 022 323 3966 (within NZ)
Please mention nzfishing.com when you make an
enquiry or booking.
|| Some of the waters fished by Ben include
| Fishing options
Fishing options include:
- Full-day guided fly-fishing trips
- Heli-fishing trips
- Multi-day guided fly-fishing trips
- Salmon fishing
|About your guide
Your professional fishing guide Ben Haywoodspecialises in sight fish for large wild trout in the many crystal clear spring creeks, rivers and lakes found in the Canterbury High Country and West Coast regions of the South Island. Both areas are renowned for their world-class fly fishing and breath-taking scenery.
- Ben uses his vast knowledge of local rivers, weather patterns and stream entomology to personally customise each guided fishing trip to the needs and experience of his clients, providing the ultimate New Zealand fishing experience.
- Is a member of the New Zealand Professional Fishing Guides Association (NZPFGA)
- Operates a well-maintained 4WD vehicle and carries all commercial insurances and holds a current First Aid Certificate.
- Is a very enthusiastic, knowledgeable guide who is very passionate about sharing his knowledge and expertise with you and showcasing the best of New Zealand’s wild and largely unspoilt wilderness fishing.
- Carries Safety Equipment on all trips and follows strict Safety Management Guidelines
All fishing trips are individually tailored to cater for the different levels of client fitness, fishing experience, river and weather conditions.
New Zealand Fly Fishing Escapes is a catch and release fly fishing experience.
|What is provided
New Zealand Fly Fishing Escapes provides
- Top quality specialist fly fishing tackle including comfortable waders and boots.
- A comfortable and modern 4WD vehicle to collect clients from their accommodation
- A hearty lunch and non-alcoholic drinks for all clients
Stay in modern lodge facilities on a traditional 3600-acre High Country Station whilst experiencing fly fishing in pristine waters in the heart of one of the most scenic and outstanding trout fisheries New Zealand has to offer.
“My full day of fly fishing for rainbow trout with Ben Haywood was a dream fulfilled. Ben has superlative guiding skills as well as being incredibly patient and helpful. This allowed me to catch some large trout along one of his favourite streams. His uncanny knack of spotting fish in the water, and telling you where to place the fly was very efficient in fishing long stretches of the stream. This was a fishing experience that I will never forget. “
Mike Smith – Canada
I have never worked with a guide more dedicated than Ben. He was willing to start early and fish until late evening in order to give the best fishing experience ever! He really knows the rivers and how to put you on the fish. I would recommend him to any angler no matter what their experience level.
Dave Brown – USA
I hired 3 different guides during my New Zealand fly fishing adventure. Ben was the best of all of them. He is knowledgeable, patient and very skillful. He organises everything so well for you that you will definitely enjoy the fly fishing trip. He will take you out on the best streams of Southern New Zealand. He will share his knowledge and you will definitely catch some trophy size trout. I had a great time fishing with Ben. Highly recommended!
Omer Zamir – Canada
See more testimonials for Ben>>>
as at 1 Oct 2017
1 or 2 Anglers: NZD$750.00
3 Anglers: NZD$800.00
All prices include 4WD vehicle transport, pickup from your accommodation in or near Christchurch, a streamside lunch, fishing tackle as required, and waders.
Please contact New Zealand Fly Fishing Escapes for multi-day trip pricing.