Following the etiquette guidelines and the steps
outlined below helps speed up launching and retrieving you boat
at boat ramps. It ensures a smooth traffic flow and avoids causing
unnecessary irritation to other boat ramp users.
Before launching your boat
When launching a boat, please ensure you
have your boat prepared prior to joining the queue, including:
- bung in place
- tie-downs removed
- all personal gear, food and clothing on board
- outboard support bracket and tow flag removed
- your ramp permit displayed on your boat
Launching your boat
When launching a boat
- While the driver reverses down the ramp,
someone else walks beside the vehicle holding the painter (bow
line) prepared to push-off the boat from the trailer.
- Move the boat to the jetty.
- To clear the ramp area, the person on foot
can walk the boat around the offside of the jetty.
- The driver parks the vehicle and trailer,
and returns to the boat.
Retrieving your boat
On return to the ramp from a day's fishing
on the lake:
- Approach the jetty or beach.
- If possible drop-off a person to retrieve
the vehicle and trailer. Back the boat away into the lake.
- Wait for your trailer to be positioned on
- Load on the trailer.
- Drive away from the ramp to prepare for departure