|| Jenny Preston
|Booking / accounts
16 Kent Street
PO Box 47
Office Phone: +64 3 248 8501
Reservations: 0800 807 836
Office Email: email@example.com
Please mention nzfishing.com when you make an
enquiry or booking.
There are also a huge number of small streams and rivers that flow into Lake Wakatipu that are worth exploring. We suggest that you use a guide if wanting to get to these remote pristine waters.
Kingston Holiday Park is marked on the Lake Wakatipu Map and the
Upper Mataura River Map.
Kingston is located on SHW6, on the lake front
at the southern end of Lake
Wakatipu, a 30 minutes scenic drive from Queenstown Airport,
a 1.5 hour drive from Te Anau or a 2 hour drive from
Kingston Holiday Park has the following accommodation options:
- Self-contained motel units with TVs, spa baths, kitchenettes
- Budget cabins - two are self-contained
- Glamping tents - 2 people only
- Powered / unpowered RV & tent sites
Please check the Kingston Holiday Park website for full descriptions and photos.
||The Kingston Holiday Park's modern motel units are located opposite the Kingston Reserve and separate from the Holiday Park. Each spacious unit comes with:
- All linen and towels provided
- Free toiletries including shampoo, conditioner and soap
- Fully equiped kitchenette with portable cooktops and pots
- Tea and coffee making stations - UHT milk included
- Large flat screen with Freeview television channels
- WiFi available
- Two motel units have large private spa baths
- 1 motel unit has a disability accessible shower/toilet
Two self contained cabins have their own kitchenette, shower and toilet. There is also backpacker style cabins available that use the holiday parks shared toilets, showers and kitchen - these backpacker cabins sleep 1 or 2 people
- Cabin 5 & Cabin 6: Self contained
- Cabin 1, 2 & 3: Shared park toilet / shower / kitchen
All cabins come with linen and towels included. WiFi available
RV and tent sites
The Kingston Holiday Park is the only licensed holiday park in Kingston and a warm welcome awaits responsible tourists and campers. Come and set up camp on a spacious powered / unpowered grass or gravel spot.
Important Note: No overnight Freedom Camping is allowed anywhere in Kingston and this includes along the street, on the reserve, in the car-park or lake-front.
Hire one of the glamerous glamping tents for real luxury.
| RV and camping Facilities
- Shared public kitchen / seating area
- Ablution block, unmetered hot showers
- Coin operated laundry
- WiFi Zone ($1 for 200MB / $5 for 10GB)
- Guest BBQ with free gas
- Knowledgable staff who can advise local attractions
- Dump station, wheelie bins and rubbish removal.
- Next to Kingston Tennis courts
- Next to children's playground
- Around The Mountain Cycle Trail entrance / finish
(Bike hire available at the Kingston Holiday Park)
- Kingston Golf Course nearby (Golf clubs for hire)
- Bowling green nearby
- Kingston's historic library
- Kingston walking tracks
- Boat ramp and pier
- Kingston Café & Bar (opposite the Holiday Park) for
breakfasts, lunch and essential small grocery items, post
shop and New Zealand souvenirs.
- Petrol pumps (24/7 using credit card with PIN)
- Kingston garage and repairs
- Summer Christmas programme of activities organised
through the Kingston Community Association.
Please check our
web-site for up-to-date prices, discounts and on-going special
- Motels from $125 - $170 (Seasonal rates)
- Budget cabins from $65 - $130 (Seasonal rates)
- Glamping tents from $95 - $100 (Seasonal rates)
- RV & Tent Sites $35 - $38 per couple, $15 - $20
per single person (Seasonal rates) $5 off per stay for
NZMCA members with valid ID.
Please mention nzfishing.com when making a booking.