Lumsden Cottage is a beautiful, fully restored circa 1920 cottage with a beautiful feel. Located in the small historic setlement of Lumsden, it is only minutes from the Oreti River and close to a number of other great waters including the Mataura.
The cottage is fully restored and has well insulated polished timber floors, high ceilings, modern furniture throughout and super comfortable beds.
The kitchen has everything that could possibly be required from slow cookers to sandwich makers. The laundry is an ideal drying room.
7 Verona Street,
Phone: (note these are not New Zealand numbers)
- Australia +61 03 9016 3633
- Thailand +66 06 1518 5632
Please mention nzfishing.com when you make an
enquiry or booking.
The Oreti River. Photo Igor
Local fishing waters include
As well there are many lakes and rivers within a short drive of the cottage making it an ideal base to expore the many fishing opportunities.
One of many small streams a short drive away
||Lumsden Cottage is marked
on the upper
Oreti River map.
- Sleeps up to 9 guests:
- Main bedroom: super king bed
- Second bedroom: queen bed
- Third bedroom: 1 Double and 1 single bed
- All beds have electric blankets and duvets (extra bedding is supplied)
- Lounge with double sofa bed
- Large flat screen TV (USB friendly).
- All linen and towels supplied
- Fully equipped modern kitchen and applicances
- Tea, coffee and basic pantry items supplied
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Laundry / drying room
- All rooms are heated
- Plenty of parking
- Cell phone coverage
- Free unlimited WIFI
Note: No smoking indoors. No pets allowed.
|Local attractions and activities
- Two minutes walk the town's supermarket,
bakery, pharmacy, hotel, post office, dairy, restaurants and
take-away food shops
- Superb food and coffee at Route 6' cafe and bar located near the library in the town centre
- The Bafe Café has fantastic bread and the best Jam Donuts in the world!
- A golf course is located within 5 minutes
- Walking, hiking and tramping in Fiordland
- Only a 50 minute drive to Lake Te Anau,
Queenstown and Invercargill.
as at 1Aug 2018
There is a minimum stay of 2 nights
- 2 nights: NZ$180 per night for up to 2 people
- 3 – 7 nights: NZ$150 per night for up to 2 people
- 8 nights + nights: NZ$140 per night for up to 2 people
- NZ$25 per night per extra person