||GPS - 38.998756, 175.812006
19 Koura St
Phone: +64 7
Freephone: 0800 102 025 (New Zealand only)
Fax +64 7 386 0442
Please mention nzfishing.com when you make an
enquiry or booking.
|Local fishing waters
River (You can view weather conditions and state of the Tongariro
from the lodge's constantly updated
||River Birches Lodge is marked on the
|| River Birches is located on the southern
edge of Lake Taupo and only footsteps away from the world famous fly
fishing on the Tongariro River.
- Three guest rooms in an architecturally award
winning cedar-clad retreat
- Quiet seclusion and understated luxury accommodation
at affordable prices
- A peaceful established garden setting
- Breakfast included in the tariff
- An excellent three-course dinner using organic
seasonal ingredients can be prepared by an on-site chef
- A fully equipped fitness room
- Large living areas with open fires
- satellite TV and a DVD library
- Wi-Fi and broadband internet and all modern
on-line communication facilities.
- Central heating during winter and air conditioning
during the summer months
|Facilities for anglers
also be arranged for guests and the lodge provides fly fishing equipment
for guest including:
- High quality rods
- Breathable waders
- Fishing vests
||Massages to soothe the body,
mind and spirit are available
The lodge has
three beautifully appointed rooms named after the most famous pools
on the river.
Each luxurious and very private room has:
- Super king-size beds with down quilts and
- Ensuite bathrooms with separate shower, generously
- IDD phone service, Wi-Fi and broadband internet
- iPod mini sound system and docking station.
The Admiral's Room
The Admiral's Room offers a soothing cedar hot
tub to soak in after a long day's trout fishing or sightseeing.
It also has satellite TV, DVD, and a mini bar stocked with fine
New Zealand wines, champagne, chocolates and a micro-brewery beer
The Major's Room
Standing apart from the main house, the Major
Jones Room offers privacy and tranquillity within a lovely private
The Duchess's Room
The Duchess Room is cosy, welcoming and relaxing
with a superb vista of the private garden areas from both the bedroom
in the area include:
- Hot mineral pools just 10 minutes drive
- Tongariro Trout Centre is less than 5 minutes
- Tongariro National Park and Pureora Forest
and Pureora Forest park for bush walks.
- Full working farms which give the opportunity
to view farm animals and working dogs and on farm activities.
- 5 golf courses within 35 minutes dirve.
- Tongariro National Park ski field is less
than an hours drive away.
- Shopping, cafes and restaurants at Taupo
(25 mins away) and Rotorua (1 hours drive).
offers seclusion and understated luxury,
catering for fly- fishing and other outdoors activities from its
superb location on the Tongariro River".
Travel & Leisure magazine’s Best
“Just wanted to tell you again how much
Frank and I enjoyed staying at River Birches. It is a lovely lodge
and we were so fortunate to have you as the gracious and attentive
Monica and Frank Schaberg. USA
“From the warmth of the host to the detail
of the lodge, it is perfection.”
Alex Hakes. London
“The standard and presentation of the lodge
Darryl Matthews. Dubai
“ENORMOUSLY comfortable room – every
need attended to in clean modern luxurious surroundings. I could
have stayed longer – sadly not.”
Lesley Birkett. Great Britain
“The friendliness and helpfulness of the
staff and the food, service and accommodations, superb!”
May Lee. Sydney
For more reviews see the What
People Say page on the River Birches website.
to 30 Sept 2012
cooked or continental) is included in the rate.
NZ$665 per night double
NZ$610 per night single
NZ$610 per night double
NZ$565 per night single
NZ$460 per night double
NZ$395 per night single
Single party bookings:
The whole lodge can be booked as a single booking
for NZ$1400 per night
NZ$90 per person for a 3-course meal prepared
by on-site chef using organic seasonal ingredients (by arrangement)
Children up to and including 8 years –
no charge, 9 – 12 years on rollaway bed in parents room, free
bed, breakfast NZ$20 and dinner half price, 13 – 16 years
on rollaway bed in parents room NZ$75, meals full price.
||Cash, cheque, EFTPOS, American Express,
Visa and Mastercard
In the event
that River Birches is unable to replace a cancelled reservation,
the following applies:
- 25% of the total cost will be charged
- if a reservation is cancelled between 7 and
30 days prior to arrival there will be a 100% charge for every
room / night cancelled.