||Fiordland River Guides
51 Bligh St
Phone: +64 3 249 7656
Fax: +64 3 249 7663
Moble: 0274 329 687
Please mention nzfishing.com when you make an
enquiry or booking.
Fiordland River Guides is
based in Te Anau, Fiordland's holiday resort town. The apartment
is marked on the Lake
Te Anau map.
Local fishing waters where
Ian can take you include:
And some of the wilderness waters west of Lake
Te Anau fished by Fiordland River Guides include the:
- Glaisnock River
- Worsley River
- Clinton River
| About the fishing
- Access via boat to wilderness rivers where
you can fish in unspoilt, crystal clear waters holding good stocks
of trophy brown and rainbow trout
- Wilderness fly fishing, sight fishing, walking
and stalking trout using dry flies and nymphs
- Fly fishing from a McKenzie River Drift Boat
- Ample opportunities for spin fishing with
more than twenty rivers within a short drive or boat trip of Te
- Top quality fly fishing and spinning tackle
can be provided or you may wish to bring your own.
|Vehicles & water craft
Fiordland River Guides
- An all-weather 23 foot launch
- Hamilton HJ32 jetboat
- A 4WD vehicle
|About your guide
Ian is a:
- A member of the New Zealand Professional
Fishing Guides Association (NZPFGA)
- A professional guide who knows the territory
and where to find the best trout fishing in the region.
- Has expert local knowledge of all the rivers,
lakes and some "secret" locations
||Fiordland River Guides has available a fully self-contained
1-2 bedroom apartment.
as at 1 February 2012
Full day: NZ$600
Half day: NZ$350
Fly fishing: Maximum 2 anglers.
Spin fishing: Maximum 3 anglers
Tackle, lunch and transportation provided.
$90 per night for 1-2 people
Extra adults $20 per night